Author Topic: The Main Site  (Read 1649 times)

peanutcat

• Yaoi-Ling
    • View Profile
The Main Site
« on: July 17, 2016, 03:46:42 PM »
I was just wondering, how much did the hacker destroy?

The site has been down for a very long time, so I was getting really worried. I hope I'm not bothering you guys too much.

Strailo

• Yaoi-Ling
    • View Profile
Re: The Main Site
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 08:47:21 PM »
As far as I understand: everything? At least that's what the tumblr blog on July 11th said. Or something to that extent.

But I'm happy that they put out a note on here about the new site. Which is https://y-gallery.org/

So very happy. Now I'm not missing that tab and can keep it up for easy linking.
When Hell comes to town, I'm stocking sunblock. I burn so easily...

peanutcat

• Yaoi-Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 09:37:17 PM »
Okay. I don't have tumblr so I didn't see the updates til now. I'll bookmark they're page though. I heard so many bad things about Tumblr that I rather not join the site.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 02:22:18 PM by peanutcat »

lyiint

• Y!Gallery Staff
  • Yaoi-Mad
    • View Profile
    • lyiint on Y!gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 11:41:04 PM »
I was just wondering, how much did the hacker destroy?

The site has been down for a very long time, so I was getting really worried. I hope I'm not bothering you guys too much.

No bother at all.  Here's what I know so far:
As of now, we will be experiencing a long downtime. We’ve spoken to the techs who have been trying their best to fix what the hacker broke and the bad news is that the hacker managed to break their way in to the server and corrupt/delete large portions of the database. Y-gallery is nothing more than an empty page and the database has been lost. This means all information and data that everyone has uploaded over the years has been lost.

We will be pushing forward with our plans to release version 2.0 to you as soon as possible. PLEASE NOTE: no confidential information was leaked that we know of. This appears to just be an attack on y-gallery as a whole and not on its users.  Please realize that our techs are graciously doing this on their own free time when they’re not at their real life jobs. They are doing all this work voluntarily without pay so it may take some time.  Right now I have no concrete date of when yG2 will be online. As soon as I know more, I’ll be sure to update here as well as on our tumblr and twitter.

Until then, please feel free keep in touch and share your works here. You’re also welcome to email me at lyiint@hotmail.com and I’ll do my best to answer any questions or just chat.

Xylor

• Yaoi-Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 08:15:32 PM »
Oh dear....

Why are so many hackers trying to destroy those sites? Fur affinity has also been attacked a few months ago.. I find it so dumb and cowardly to attack Yaoi or other sites. There is no reason for them to do that. Or at least I don't know any except of hate. I mean: why can't they just let us all live? The content on the gallery is also art and art needs to be protected, right?

Anyway, thanks to all admins and engineers. I already saw you have created a repository for the new YGal 2.0 source code and I'm looking forward to the results. I wish you good look and hope that you won't have to many problems. By the way: to the administrators here, if I can be of any help please let me know.