Author Topic: The Conjouring  (Read 2123 times)

Daydreamer79

• Yaoi-Ling
  • Romantic at Heart
    • View Profile
    • Daydreamer79@ygallery
The Conjouring
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:00:57 AM »
 8) Will be spoilers 8)

Well, it was a horror type movie supposedly based on actual events. Maybe yes. Maybe no. Who knows? when they base on actual events this is what happens. A can rolls off a counter in a house a family just moved into. That then gets hollywood's touch and turns into a haunting with ghosts physically harming a family with a soup can....the soup can was there, so the movie was based on actual events. LOL

The basic premise was that a family bought an old house pretty cheap. They were a family of seven. Two parents and five girl children. They could not afford to move and then an evil spirit of a witch started haunting them, amongst other ghosts.  So who do they call? A husband/wife team of haunting/demonology experts to come get rid. They come. They get rid. Apparently the Church(and I mean the catholic church) doesn't like helping noncatholic ppl. So, while the family is being tortured, they are going through red tape by getting approval directly from the Vatican. So, the demonolgist guy is the one who has to do the exorcism.

Well, it had some good suspense. The whole atmosphere was kinda ruined for me because there were some high schoolers in the seats in front of me and every time the music changed or a suspense moment started the build, they would start squealing and screaming. It was pretty annoying.

The movie itself was decent. Most people would be better off waiting for it to show up on netflix or to rent. Eh, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything special. I wasn't surprised how it ended or what happened in general. There were a couple of creepy moments, but nothing extraordinary. The best part of the movie for me was the Riddick preview. I enjoyed the movie, don't get me wrong. There was good acting and special effects, but like I said, it wasn't anything special. If you want to go to the movie, go. It won't feel like a waste of your money, or it didnt for me, but I wouldn't make a special trip to the movie to see it.

Get a few beers in Sasuke and he's the life of the party

lyiint

• Y!Gallery Staff
  • Yaoi-Mad
    • View Profile
    • lyiint on Y!gallery
Re: The Conjouring
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 04:43:25 AM »
Thanks for the review.  I've not seen this yet, but from watching the trailers I thought much the same as you and will probably wait until I can rent it or watch it online. 

Daydreamer79

• Yaoi-Ling
  • Romantic at Heart
    • View Profile
    • Daydreamer79@ygallery
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 06:07:29 AM »
Thanks for the review.  I've not seen this yet, but from watching the trailers I thought much the same as you and will probably wait until I can rent it or watch it online.

Yeah, it's a decent flick, but there isn't anything special about it. I think it would be better enjoyed by people as a rental. I went to the movie to see it just because I wanted to go to the movie and that movie was the most appealing one playing at the time. haha.

Get a few beers in Sasuke and he's the life of the party

lyiint

• Y!Gallery Staff
  • Yaoi-Mad
    • View Profile
    • lyiint on Y!gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:25:13 PM »
XD  I do that all the time.  Love going to the movies, and there's times I just pick the best of the worst and hope for the best.  Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, such as this past weekend.  Went to our drive-in to see Turbo (which I adored), and The Heat was also playing.  I didn't think I'd like The Heat, but it was actually a very funny show.  A good twist on the "buddy"  genre movie.