Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 1987 times)

Daydreamer79

• Yaoi-Ling
  • Romantic at Heart
    • View Profile
    • Daydreamer79@ygallery
Wii U
« on: July 24, 2013, 02:38:52 AM »
So, I got a wii u. Sadly, just like with previous Nintendo systems and handhelds, they have a serious lack of titles to go with it. There are a few, like SUper Mario U, but the selection is pretty sparse. But I'm not here to judge them on that since I bought it primarily for a select few games that are already slated to be released.

The system itself is kinda neat. It came with the system, the gamepad(the primary controller for the wii u), a sensor bar, and the various wires to connect. You can use your wii remotes on the Wii U, so at least Nintendo was reasonable about that. The wii U is also backward compatible with Wii games. It plugs directly into the HD drive of the television rather than having the colored plugs so the system is 100% an HD system.

I can't deny that the games look really pretty. The HD coupled with the nicely done graphics are pretty amazing. I can't wait to see if nintendo really uses this to their advantage and makes the most of their games.

I'm not sure what to think about the gamepad. It's neat in that it lets a person play the wii u while someone else watches tv or plays on another system but I can't help but feel that it is redundant. I'm wondering if the games will utilize the wii u touch screen as something more than just a second screen, like will it contribute to game play. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with the games that are released.

The problem I ran into with the Wii U seems to be a fairly common on. I was going through the set up with my Wii U and it refused to connect to the internet so that I could finish setting up things. Now, I knew  my internet was fine because my lap top was connected, so I searched online and low and behold, apparently its a common problem. I don't know the reason but I found a step by step guide online that told how to bypass this error with the wii so that I could finish connecting and update the system and any games that I have as well as access the online store. I hope Nintendo goes about fixing this problem for future buyers of the system. I hate calling up service ppl via those 1800 numbers. They either make me feel stupid, have crazy accents so I can barely understand them, or they act like they don't want to be there. Thank God someone actually posted a how to online because that was a lifesaver and it worked. I connected the first time. So if you decide to buy a Wii U and it won't connect to the internet, try this:

http://kotaku.com/5961600/if-your-wii-u-wont-connect-to-your-wifi-router-heres-what-to-do

In short, it has some glitches, but the potential is out there as long as Nintendo doesn't drop the ball. There are some promising games on the horizon so we'll just have to wait and see if Wii U measures up to it's potential. Hopefully, the titles won't include an assload of cutesy petshop/pet owner games but have some real titles with substance and not simply games made for little girls who still play with dolls.

Get a few beers in Sasuke and he's the life of the party